Remedyforce Summer 17 available for manual installation
Many organization use a OTAP (DTAP) approach for keeping the system (Sandboxes and production org) fully inline with all kind of other activities within the Salesforce platform. As you all know BMC will automatically push new release to your sandboxes and around one month later to production. If you want to follow certain sandbox scenarios and sandbox flows you can apply the manual upgrade and related steps as of today.
Please check the release schedule with the current dates for the automated push and plan your activities around those dates:
You can begin self upgrading from AppExchange. Before you begin, please check the release notes first.
As a reminder, when the BMC Operations team begins pushing Summer 17 to Sandboxes, BMC will not be pushing to any Sandboxes that took an early release of Summer 17.
What is included in Summer 17 release
Self Service 3.0
- My Activity:
- You now can Search in your list of Incidents/Service Requests
- You now can Filter records your list of Incidents/Service Requests
- Include your own fields displayed on summary card for each record
- Formatting of labels and values in summary card
- General Self Service Usability:
- Ability to go back to Salesforce from SS 3.0; Please note - the feature only applicable if the user login into RF and then open Self service.If User directly login to Self service will not have the return option.It will be visible to user top right corner under his name where you can see the logout option.
- Improvements to user lookups are added. You now see Full Name, Email and photo.
CMDB Enhancements (Reconciliation)
- Reconciliation will now be Generally Available
- Add Reconciliation Logging Details for Remedyforce Discovery
- Add Reconciliation Success and Failures reporting
- Better capture and reporting of errors
- Ability to view CI/Asset detail from Incident
- Improvements to Activity Feed
- Reduce number of clicks to add an attachment
- Email action on Activity Feed:
- Support From, To, Cc, and Bcc fields
- Allow use of Email Templates including preview and staff adding additional information to emails
- Show attachments with the email (inbound and/or outbound) that added the attachments (no more trying to match attachments to the email)
- Support for Contacts in type ahead for Cc, and Bcc fields (if configured)
- Ability to add attachments when sending emails
- Support for Email Conversation folders to isolate email templates used only for Email Conversation
- Support for highlighting of updated records in the Console
- Capture time passed between a record's Open and Close date based on either the Client's business hours, the Client Account's business hours, or the Organization's business hours. Time captured in a new field call "Time to Close (Business Days)".
Support for Salesforce Platform Encryption
Remedyforce will now support Salesforce Platform Encryption (a component of Salesforce Shield). Salesforce Platform Encryption is an additional cost; but for customers who need to encrypt data at rest it is an important part of their overall security strategy.
Remedyforce and Salesforce Platform Encryption
What is Salesforce Shield?
Salesforce Shield offers the following capabilities:
- Event Monitoring
- Field Audit Trail
- Platform Encryption
- Visibility into Salesforce apps, letting customers easily see what data users are accessing, from what IP address, and what actions are being taken in regards to that data.
- See the state and value of data on any date, at any time. It expands the current avaialble Field History Retention, giving customers up to 10 years of audit trail data for up to 60 fields per object.
- Lets customers encrypt sensitive data at rest while maintaining important application functionality. Because data is encrypted at the metadata layer in the database, key Salesforce application functionality can be made 'encryption aware' and work despite the data being encrypted. There's a LOT more to Platform Encryption, but that's a high level overview.
For customers needing this extra level of auditing and security, there is an additional cost.