What BMC Client Management offers
BMC Client Management (formerly FootPrints Asset Core) gives you a single, unified console to centralize the lifecycle management of all your client devices. You’ll be able to discover and manage devices (no matter where they are), audit their hardware and software inventory, push patches, and deploy software to them whether they’re on a LAN or over the Internet – without the need for a VPN. With BMC Client Management, you’ll have access to an incredibly powerful set of integrated tools for patch management, inventory management, remote desktop management, deployment management and compliance management with the option to converge your asset and service management tools for a total IT management solution.
- Seamlessly automate processes and effectively manage clients with BMC Client Management, a comprehensive set of capabilities that enable you to discover, configure, manage, and secure all of your IT end points.
- Pass software audits with ease.
- Reduce data vulnerabilities and financial risk through automated software patching.
- Know what you have – confidently discover all your clients and edge devices.
- Intelligently manage your software entitlements – don’t over deploy and don’t over spend.
- Enjoy turnkey integration with multiple BMC service desk solutions.
Manage IT clients from receipt to retirement: Easily automate processes and effectively manage the full range of IT assets while also delivering—and communicating—overall business value.
Discovery and inventory: Automate inventory tracking to help guide investment decisions, reduce manual processes, and maintain compliance.
OS and application deployment, patch management: Easily deploy, migrate, and patch software to ensure that all systems are secure and up-to-date.
Policy compliance: Reduce the hassle associated with monitoring IT assets and defining policies, and provide auditors with records of compliance levels from a centralized console. Client Management is a Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) v1.2 validated product.
Software license management: Reduce costly audit failures by understanding software license usage and the associated financial liabilities.
Remote management: Identify and resolve PC issues without leaving your desk.
Power management: Reduce PC energy consumption and track ROI and TCO.
Device management: Define and enforce usage policies, including what content is available for upload and download, and keep track of events and activity across all assets.
Silver bullets BMC Client Management
- Complete asset lifecycle management – Manage assets from purchase to retirement and everywhere in between.
- Leverage a powerful toolset – Client management allows you to audit, deploy, patch, remote control and analyze your entire estate.
- Painless upgrades – In-place upgrades never modify configurations and take only minutes to run.